Basic Site Details

Name: St Andrew's
Town, district or village: Craigellachie
City or county: Banffshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: A new mansion, to he known as St. Andrew's, has just been completed on the hill-side overlooking the Spey, at Craigellachie, near Elgin. It is in the Scottish Baronial style, and has been erected from the designs of Messrs. A. and M. Reid,(sic) architects, of Elgin. The chief contractors were, masonry, Messrs Dow and Roy, of Rothes ; carpentering, Messrs A and R Dunbar; slating, Mr Cameron, Elgin; decorations, Mr Morrison, Dufftown. [Building News 9 December 1881 p758]

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Mansion house  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11881 Completion 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3A & W ReidArchitectural practice 1881  
Item 2 of 3Alexander ReidArchitect 1881  
Item 3 of 3William ReidArchitect 1881  

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Building News9 December 1881  p758