Basic Site Details

Name: Dental Hospital
City or county: Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Founded in 1879 at George Street, moving to George Square in 1885, to Chatham Place c.1889, to St Vincent Place in 1896, and to this house on the corner of Dalhousie Street and Renfrew Street in 1903, before acquiring another site on Renfrew Street for a new building in 1926 (see separate entry).

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hospital  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 2Dalhousie StreetYes 
Item 2 of 2Renfrew StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11903  Conversion from house into hospital?

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 2James Hamilton & SonArchitectural practiceA1903 Conversion from house into hospital?
Item 2 of 2John H HamiltonArchitectA1903 Conversion from house into hospital?

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Strathclyde Regional ArchivesGlasgow Dean of Guild 1/9404