Basic Site Details

Name: Bungalows, Hillpark
Town, district or village: Craigcrook
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Bungalow  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 3Hillpark Avenue No 20 - Douglas Mickel bought this house in April 1940
Item 2 of 3Hillpark Drive  
Item 3 of 3Queensferry Road No. 409 was the first house sold on this development.
No. 385 previously a showhome, was bought in February 1941

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11937   

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3George Learmonth Harkess WallsArchitectA1937  
Item 2 of 3Stewart KayeArchitectA1937  
Item 3 of 3Stewart Kaye & WallsArchitectural practiceA1937  

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Mactaggart & Mickel 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1RCAHMS1999Homebuilders: Mactaggart & Mickel and the Scottish housebuilding industry RCAHMSp 47, 58, 84, 95-6, 104, 108-9, 117-8, 134, 144-7, 154, 162, 167-9, 171, 174, 178-84,
Advertisement for the Hillpark Estate development in Edinburgh (1938) p58
Two alternative bungalow designs for Hillpark by Stewart Kaye & Walls (1937) p94
Advertisement for Hillpark Estate in the SMT magazine (1937) p97
'East & West - Mactaggart & Mickel homes are best!' advertisement illustrating the various housing schemes by Mactaggart & Mickel, Daily Record (1939) p 104