Basic Site Details

Name: Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Infirmary
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Original Eye Dispensary for Edinburgh was established in 1822; separate Eye Infirmary founded 1834. Ear, Nose and Throat Departments added 1883. All departments amalgamated in 1922 when it moved to a house in Cambridge Street. Returned to residential use c.1969.

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hospital  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 16,7, Cambridge StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21922  Opened in converted house
Item 2 of 21939  Alterations

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4David John ChisholmArchitectA1939 Alterations
Item 2 of 4Dick Peddie, Todd & JamiesonArchitectural practiceA1939 Alterations
Item 3 of 4George Lindsay Auldjo JamiesonArchitectA1939 Alterations
Item 4 of 4William James Walker ToddArchitectA1939 Alterations

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Richardson, HarrietN.D.Scottish Hospitals Survey Unpublished typescript (copy in DMW Archive) 

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSDick Peddie and McKay Collection DPM 1930/75