Basic Biographical Details
|Name: ||William Scott |
|Designation: ||Architect |
|Born: ||1870 |
|Died: ||18 September 1951 |
|Bio Notes: ||William Scott was born in St Pancras, London, the eldest son of Archibald Scott, Master Builder, and his wife Mary Arnott who had married in St Pancras in 1869. The family moved to Scotland in the later 1870s. |
Scott married Jean Phillips, daughter of Stephen Philips, clerk, and his wife Elizabeth roberts in Edinburgh on 31 August 1901. At that time he is described as a builder and surveyor. The couple had at least one son, Leslie, and a daughter.
From at least 1925 Scott was architect to Midlothian County Education Authority, becoming County Architect about 1932. He was a Fellow of the Incorporated Association of Architect from before 1926.
Scott retired in 1938 and died aged 81 on 18 September 1951 in Chamberlain Road, Morningside, Edinburgh. His wife had predeceased him dying on 2 April 1935.
Private and Business Addresses
|The following private or business addresses are associated with this architect:|
| ||Address||Type||Date from||Date to||Notes|
|15, Blackford Avenue, Edinburgh, Scotland||Business||Before 1935||1951|| |
Employment and Training
Buildings and Designs
|The following books contain references to this architect:|
|Post Office Directories|| || || || || |
|The following archives hold material relating to this architect:|
| ||Source||Archive Name||Source Catalogue No.||Notes|
|Steve Robb||Information from Steve Robb (from Scotland's People website)|| ||Sent 2010|